Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Trip to the beach!

 We took the trailer to Carlsbad State Park at the beginning of June.  We're not really beachy people.  We get bored quickly of sand and sticky and cold waves.  We enjoy exploring more. BUT we haven't done the beach in quite a while, so it was fun to do it again.
 The beach we were on is not really one that the people that stay there usually hang out on because it's so rocky.  You sort of have to drive up the road or down the road a few minutes to Encinitas or Mission Beach for sand.  The first day though, we needed to jump out of the car and see it.  So we hung out on the rocks.  My kids are really into rocks.  They scoured the beach for a couple of hours bringing me the prettiest ones to bring home, which I did.
 This picture of my man-child freaks me out.  He's 14, 5'10" 1/2, size 10.5 shoe, and check out his muscles!   It's scary.  I'm pretty proud of him.  He's a good kid with a good spirit.  Alot like Sarah in that he wants things to always be fair for everyone and loves his friends.
 It's funny how well my boys get along out of the house.  I don't think there was a single argument while we were gone.  But they fight like dogs at home.  Right before I snapped this picture (above) Ryan had his head leaning on Noah's, who was leaning his on Ryan's shoulder.  It was so cute.  I wanted proof that they loved each other once, but he moved it right before I could take the picture.
 Blueberry "pancake," Me style.  This was heavenly.
 This kid is so handsome and sweet.  Joshy.
 Misson Beach is incredibly beautiful.  This cool pathway that goes on for miles in each direction.  I'd like to go back there.
 The neighborhoods in Mission Beach reminded me of Brazil, only pimped out.
Couples smash ball.  A blustery day on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment