Monday, June 18, 2012

Summa time...

Summer has become more and more about Sarah than ever, if that's possible.  Now that she doesn't have school she is in constant need of entertainment.  I really would not rather do anything else but hang with her, but it is nice to also be able to get some things around the house done.  Here we are having a "picnic" at the park in her play tent.


 Picture #2 is just her early in the morning with low blood sugar.  I have to admit that even when she's throwing temper tantrums (which are really rare, I think) I still think she's perfect.  When she is freaking out, I feel like we understand each other even better in that moment.  She is able to express exactly what I am feeling.  It's awesome.  She also is starting to copy my behavior, see pic #3, which is both cool and scary.  I realize I need to be a good example more now than with my boys even.

  #4 is at Mission Beach Park.  Everywhere we go, she sets out to find friends.  She is always looking for friends, and everyone is her friend, whether they like it or not.


 I'm so proud of how friendly and outgoing and open and loving she is to all kids.  She wants all of them in her life.  It's a gift.  I'm also afraid for her because people like that are bound for more pain in life.  Putting yourself out there more automatically increases the times in your life you'll experience rejection and hurt from your "friends."  I still have alot of scars from those lessons, and if I had had Sarah earlier in my life I'm sure I would have ruined her by protecting her from it all and fighting her fights at every turn.  It was a tender mercy that I had her last and later in life, so that I am mature enough to be able to see the big picture.  Just be proud of her and watch with confidence in her ability to get through it.  I'll be able to be a sideline coach instead of the backseat driver of her life.  My oldest son is like her too, and I mistakenly have tried to tell him to quit trying to make friends with the jerks that are mean.  Then I remembered that all 12-15 yr olds are jerky to each other and he'll get through it.  I had friends growing up with over protective parents that told them they are perfect and their friends weren't good enough for them anyway.  It didn't do them any favors.  They grew up really believing that instead of working on just being someone that people liked to be around.  I AM proud of her and her happy openness.  Every little girl is her "sister."  Every group of strangers we come upon anywhere, she'll blurt out "Oh, Hi guys!!" and they are friends.
This was a date night last weekend that Sarah invited herself on.  I love time alone with Ron, but I will admit to having separation anxiety.


No comments:

Post a Comment