Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Shaking things up


 This has been one of the most trying seasons of my life.  I was about to say two weeks or month, but then I remembered that it's really been the whole winter and Spring that has sucked.  A good friend of mine said to me of our moving plans, "Well, sometimes you just need to shake things up."  I decided this is the attitude I'm taking with this.

We moved out of the house on Lake Cir, which was fine because we had always planned on moving again sometime.  It was emotional though because we had really put our hearts and souls into that house.  It was the first home Ron built for us and Sarah was born there.  I loved my porch and garden.  I was sad to say goodbye to all my plants I had nurtured.  Especially the ones that were being bulldozed as we were moving out!!! (See below.)  A few days before we left, this Ranunculus flower bloomed for me.  That was the first time I cried.  It felt like the most awesome "Thank you" and "Bye."  I know we left someplace more beautiful and better than we found it.  That is the most one can hope to do in life.

A picture of our upstairs while we were cleaning things out and the backyard being torn apart.  I just happened to be there packing the last of some things when the pool guys were there starting construction.  That was the second and last time I've cried about the move.  Watching that really helped me feel like, "Yep, this isn't our house anymore."  and just let go of it.
This is our *new* backyard.  This picture looks pretty sweet...  but the pool isn't really working right now.  Everything in this house is broken.  We are picking our way through stuff that needs to be fixed as quickly as we can while we are organizing.  It is half the size of our *old* one, so there's boxes everywhere.  I'm not sure where we're going to put so many things.  I'd really like to be comfortable here and "settled."  I want it to feel like home, and not like we are in transition.  So I want to unpack and decorate as much as I can.

One of the things that made this move so tough was two flat tires in a week.  The story is just too long to type....
Sarah and her friend having a jam session in the *new* house's "music room." (The small room where I am putting the piano and drums.)

This bookshelf is also in the music room.   I really loved our bookshelves in the old house.
I spent yesterday planting with Sarah.  If this stuff can stay alive I think it will help me feel more connected to this new place.  It's amazing what a few pots and plants can do to a house.  I am so grateful for nature.
Sarah is learning to write her name.  I know that's not that special for a 4 1/2 yr old, but for Sarah who was hardly talking a year ago...  It gets me pretty excited.  I'm so sad that her scrapbook stuff is so disorganized now (I don't even know where it is) that I'm not really documenting these awesome milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment